February 6, 2013

Mom on a Meal Mission

Here is a new post from our Mom on a Meal Mission.
 


Ahhh...Super Bowl weekend.  A weekend full of food not consumed on regular basis. I found a simple recipe to make for lunch that was simple and only 5 everyday ingredients that wasn't to much to eat before the big Super Bowl spread - Turkey Panini Sandwiches.

Shopping list:

Pillsbury French Loaf Bread
Barbecue Sauce
Sliced Monterey Jack Cheese
Sliced Turkey
Red Onion

Cost: $9.00

Click here for the Pillsbury recipe I used.

The Panini's turned out really good. My son didn't like them because of the BBQ sauce. But the rest us gave it two thumbs up! The hardest part was rolling out the dough.  I made two without onions so the kids would eat them. I also didn't have a panini press so I used my George Foreman grill. They came out messy, but had very good taste. It was good for a quick sandwich.

Enjoy,

Christina - Mom on a Meal Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment