December 11, 2011

Make Ahead Monday Recipe!

I will be making Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes in my crock pot on Monday. After dinner my family will give a review of how they liked or disliked it. Below is the recipe. If you would like to make the same Make Ahead Monday meal, you can also write your families review of it in the comment section of my post. Come and join the fun! My family likes being involved in the review process.

Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (2 pound) boneless pork roast
salt and pepper to taste
4 sweet potatoes, quartered
1 onion, quartered
6 cloves of garlic
1 (14.5) ounce can chicken broth

Heat oil in large heavy skillet.  Season meat with salt and pepper, and brown in oil.  In a slow cooker, layer sweet potatoes, onion and garlic.  Place browned roast on top of vegetables and pour in chicken broth. 

Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours.

Happy Cooking,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment